Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back to quiet


It has definitely been a quiet week. We are well back into the swing of just me and Baylee. We went to the park some which is pretty normal. But Baylee has recently learned how to climb things better and she has conquered the stairs to the small slide at the park. However, she still attempts to climb the ladder to the big slide, that's nothing but scary to watch! Thank goodness she's easily distracted by the actual sliding down part. Apparently the wind in her face makes her forget she wanted to get to the big curvy slide. (haha)

Speaking of climbing, she has learned how to get onto the couch to look out the window or to get the kitty. She has taken quite a few tumbles this week due to her misjudgement of trying to sit while she's standing on the edge of the couch. I figure she has to learn somehow. Tough love, I know.

We went fishing last Sunday at Lake Mattoon, not much luck there so we headed to Lake Paradise down the road with our luck continuing. But it was nice outside and we enjoyed that and being with each other.

Wednesday, Cody got off early and was home by noon so we again attempted our hand at fishing. We took a little drive and went to Paris and fished. The flattest spot we could find was a driveway that looked like an old boat ramp. Unfortunately, Illinois is not one of the dry states where you can't make fires. Someone had made a fire in the middle of the driveway where we had to fish and Baylee liked playing with the black rocks. There was soot on everything. She even climbed into the car and jumped up and down on the seat. Fun times. The driveway was sloped and she struggled walking on the rocks uphill. She wiped out a good bit and came home with lots of scratches, but she was determined it was not going to slow her down.

She then became somehow convinced that every rock in the driveway needed to be in the water. I just knew she was going to go for a swim at some point in time. We could not keep her away from the water and from throwing rocks in. I tried distracting her with everything I could think of. I even quit fishing to try but she had one thing on her mind, moving rocks. For once luck was on our side and she didn't go swimming but she threw more than enough rocks in the water for us. We still had a lot of fun though.

I brought in one of the car seats to clean it up and put it back into storage. Baylee "helped" me get it all cleaned up!

Baylee did figure out one more thing this week. Proud I am....she learned her fingers can go in her nose. It's not uncommon to see her walking around with her THUMB in her nose. It's just what I always wanted for her :) I'm a little concerned the next news I report on her nose will be of some random item like a crayon being stuck in it. I hope she sticks to just the fingers! That I can easily deal with.

The rest of the week has been pretty uneventful. Baylee is still struggling with teeth and had a fever Thursday night and Friday. We had a long day on Friday...I pretty much had her on my hip all day as it was the only way she wasn't screaming her lungs out. We are hoping she improves and that this is not the start of another ear infection, so far today she's slept more than been awake so I have high hopes. Cody is off for a 3 day weekend. I'm sure some of our time will be spent fishing. Other than that, no telling what stories we will have for next week!

3 comments:

Carli said...

wow! she is growing up so fast! Jennedy is1 today! Crazy! I know what you mean about the tough luck. I let her tumble a lot so she will eventually learn. ha!!

Carli said...

I meant to say tough love, not luck!

Chambers Clan said...

I love a newly cleaned car seat. Mine only last for a few minutes though, and I hate to say one has made it through with only one cleaning per child...I know GROSS!