Sunday, Grandpa and Cody went fishing without us girls so they could go to the lake instead of the pond. We went to the park for our own fun after nap time. On Monday, Grandpa went to work with Cody. The ladies, well, we had Baylee and Lilli's pictures taken toget
her so that I can update my frames. Tuesday, we took Grandma and Grandpa to the airport for them to go home. It was not too bad. The ladies did good after we got them some lunch. It's a 4 hour round trip and no complaints here.


I do have to share a picture from the car ride. This was one of the first things we saw when we were moving to Mattoon. It's about 30 miles south, right off of the interstate. .... We had no clue what to expect of Mattoon after seeing this and knowing we were getting close to where we may live.
Wednesday, we got back into our typical everyday routine. We played outside a good bit. We went to the park, attempted to draw on the sidewalk(it lasted about 1.2 minutes and ended with Baylee eating some blue chalk), went for a walk, played in the hall some, the usual. Lilli and I played Chutes and Ladders. She won, of course!
Thursday was also just
a normal day. We walked to the park and played an
d then we stopped by a little grocery store where we picked up some ice cream and cones as a treat for the ladies. Lilli picked out our chocolate ice cream and Baylee was treated to her first ever ice cream cone! She went to town on it, as did Lilli and the only evidence that was left, chocolate smiles!
Baylee and Lilli have so much fun at the park together. Lilli gets in the little swings so that she can be next to Baylee. They had a screaming match one day...thank goodness we were outside! They just giggled and giggled at each other.
Baylee is really trying to conquer climbing these days and doing better and better. She was determined to get up the slide one day. She climbs on anything that is remotely possible. She's been doing it for a while but has just kicked it up a notch and is more of a daredevil than ever, yes it is taking a toll on my poor heart. One person can only take so many small heartattacks in a day.
Today, we took the girls to Decatur to go to Scovill Zoo. We knew it was small(We are nothing but glad about that now that we are done) but were in it for the adventure. "It was a good great time at the zoo" according to Lillibug. I think we all had fun. Baylee insisted on walking pretty much the whole time. She found the plants many times more entertaining than the animals. She even had to sit on one of the big benches for a rest, little independent thing. I have to say the highlight by far was the petting zoo for me and Cody. The girls had fun too in there. However Cody and I got a good laugh at poor Baylee's expense and we were so glad I was filming. She loves the animals and even after a small set back still loves them. My video was too big to email so I posted it on You Tube and am too impatient to add it on here or through Picasa as well....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hz4nBZ5hBY
One of our other laughs from the zoo....
Yes, you are seeing correctly. This turtle pen was right next to the bathrooms. Cody got to spend a lot of time standing there. Bathroom break takes us a while since I have to go in and out for 3 of us. Lilli asked the question we were waiting on. "what are they doing". (again I put on You tube) There was a crowd gathered around this area with everyone being asked the same question by their children. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv3pGtEGReY
Yes, you are seeing correctly. This turtle pen was right next to the bathrooms. Cody got to spend a lot of time standing there. Bathroom break takes us a while since I have to go in and out for 3 of us. Lilli asked the question we were waiting on. "what are they doing". (again I put on You tube) There was a crowd gathered around this area with everyone being asked the same question by their children. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv3pGtEGReY
Lilli loved the train and the whole time let us know "This is so much fun." As we were leaving the zoo, she paced back and forth with the "dog" AKA the wolf. They had a big playground on the outside of the zoo and we played there then sat and had apples at a bench and headed home. The ladies were worn out to say the least and both fell asleep in the car no more than 15 minutes after we left Decatur.
We decided to let them sleep a little and Cody was nice enough to indulge my fascination with the Amish communities. I just think it's so much fun to see them, their buggies, houses, and farms. Despite our fabulous weather, I didn't get to see any kids out playing in the stream today :( But plenty of buggies! So I got my kick out of that.
We did worry a little about Lilli being able to leave the house on her own like when I'm putting Baylee down for a nap. Cody came up with a great solution. It's the cheap way to trap a 3 yr old in. It is exactly what you would think of too right? :) **No damage was done in the process of this solution. It goes ever so nicely between the molding and the wall.
We have so very much enjoyed Lillibug's company. It's nice to be able to carry on a conversation and be told what the need is rather than deciphering ranges of grunts. I think one of her favorite things to do here is to take a bath with Baylee. She loves to have Baylee in the tub. Baylee is hit or miss sometimes and just needs her own bath. That makes Lilli sad but she is always hopeful that Baylee can join her next time. When they do get to bathe together, it's pretty cute. Lilli does so love a bath and if she laughs, Baylee laughs and it just goes on and on.
Same giggling goes on when they communicate Baylee style....
Cody went into our room this morning right after he got home from work to change. Baylee had slept late after our night battle. She awoke to him opening the door and once again blurted out a "Hi DaDa". He was soooooooooooooo excited. I missed it this time though.
Baylee's normal routine has been thrown off and we moved her crib to our room. This has caused her to start with the night wakings again. So happy am I! We were up from 3-5 last night. The first step is admitting your addiction right? Well, I'm addicted to my blog on Saturdays seeing how I'm doing it instead of sleeping. Or maybe it's just I'm on my second wind now? I will have many more pictures no doubt about that.


1 comment:
Okay so I totally know where Cody got the butter knife idea. Mom used to do that to the closet up starts in the guest bedroom where the piano is. Cody will never remember this but he actually tried to lock Faith in their with it once.
Awesome pictures. The turtles I laughed for hours.
Post a Comment