Saturday, August 2, 2008

Almost one....



And I'm already losing my mind. I missed Baylee's one year checkup this week. Thankfully we got to reschedule on Friday. It was all a mistake, I knew the 31st was Friday, haha I just knew it. So I missed it our appt on Thursday.

I knew our little Baylee had hit a pretty considerable growth spurt recently. She is now right at 50% for height and weight(apparently she wont be a midget like her mom). She weighed in at a whopping 21 pounds(including shoes and everything) and she's 29 inches tall. Everyone in the office absolutely loves her. She is quite entertaining at times. They hang things from the ceiling for the season. She loves the little animal windsocks they have up. She just points and cracks up at them. We passed with flying colors and no problems! We are glad for that and we got the thumbs up for the big girl car seat. I could not be more excited for that!


We had a pretty quiet but busy week. It's been quite hot outside so we haven't frequented the park but did take the time to walk around outside everyday. She loves to slide now but hasn't learned she can't toe pick and face plant forward so I still have to hold her as she slides down. It's quite the workout for me. And yes she pitches little hissy fits when we quit sliding because my arms are tired of lifting her 21 pounds to the top of the slide and holding her as she goes down as well as keeping her toes up. I do appreciate the workout but wow!

We didn't have many new tricks really just working on improving old ones. She likes to dance and is getting better and more into it. She did however say puppy yesterday but as it goes she refuses to say it again. She has also learned how to be the vacuum. No not to pick up things, she prefers to put them there in the first place. She likes to make the noise of the hand vacuum when we clean out her chair after meals/snacks, messes or pick up kitty litter. It's amusing to hear her. When I turn it off she quits but have no fear as soon as it starts up, so does she, and yes I admit I do try and trick her but she's pretty good!
She did figure out how to climb into her rocking chair so she can see out the window better. I knew that one was only a matter of time and actually glad it took this long!

Baylee did finally attempt to use her fork while eating. Yes it sat in the middle of her plate most of the time but the fact that she picked it up and dipped it in her food and into her mouth on her own was great. I definitely awarded her the gold medal. Fingers crossed, I can eat my dinner while it's hot soon!

We did a lot of organizing and cleaning out and it's been actually fun. Baylee helped me of course. I am positive it added to my work load but it kept me laughing while I did it, besides who doesn't like crushed pretzels, grits everywhere and lotion on everything?

We did go fishing last weekend. It was far from relaxing and overall not that enjoyable. We went somewhere new. If Baylee could stay away from the water it would have been a blast and a great place to fish. But in normal Baylee style, the water was the attraction. I caught 2 bass but niether one made it to the bank as she tried to pet one before it was out of the water and I had to sacrifice my catch to grab her first. The water was a lot deeper and no weeds to block the way, was frustrating and very HOT!

We had another problem with our memory card and I lost all of the pics from this week for the most part. I apologize for the lack of pictures!

2 comments:

Carli said...

Kennedy got a big girl car seat too! It is so nice to be able to see them in the mirror and have the air blow on them. When is she one?

Carli said...

I don't remember that AT ALL! That is funny! I must have a terrible memory because people tell me things all the time that I don't remember! That's hilarious! DId I cry? Did I tell on you or what?