We went to the big park one afternoon for the girls to play in the fountain. Lilli loved it after she finally got wet. Baylee not so much. We think she was just scared of the sound. The water is pretty loud. We had fun playing and watching Lilli. She chased a little boy around until he finally ran to his dad trying to get away from her. Poor boy, Lilli followed him and sat next to his dad and talked to them. We went home not long after that so the poor boy could have fun with his sisters. She had a lot of fun playing though and was very sad to go home.
Lilli helped me make cookies one night. She probably got more flour on the floor than in the bowl, but that's what brooms are for right? And our cookies were according to Lilli "yummylicious." While waiting on them to cook, she went to snuggle with her blanket and the kitty came to join her. She was thrilled to say the least.
After naps one day, we went outside and played until it was dinner time. Somewhere in the middle Dad came home. We all played bubbles, walked, chased, swung and tossed the ladies around. It was a lot of fun, they laughed so much and it wore us all out.
One afternoon after Lilli woke up from her nap, Baylee and I joined her in her bed and we started playing around. It led to a wrestling match between Baylee and Lilli. To my surprise, Baylee even got in a few good tackles. They giggled for about an hour straight.
They danced a lot this week. Any downtime and one of them was over pushing the Leap Frog farm animal thingy on the fridge(thanks Caleb!) and they would both start dancing and twirling. Baylee has discovered the one leg stomp and looks like she's right out of a good old fashioned hoedown. (due to my laziness at the moment, I will post videos later) Baylee learned how to spin to the music from her big sister.
Lilli tested my patience and my determination at times, but I did good a
nd stood strong, thanks to my stubborness. She probably thinks I'm mean, but I have some rules in my house that she didn't really appreciate.Eespecially the pouting when you don't get your own way and if you do it, it's done in your room and as soon as you are done, you can come out. But then she could also be the worlds biggest sweetheart when she wanted to. Through it all, we had soooooo much fun with her and many many laughs and will miss her very much, with the exception of the kitty :) We took her to the airport yesterday to meet her Mom. They were so happy to see each other, of course. We are just grateful she got to come out for a few weeks to visit, it was definitely worth every minute of it.
I have really enjoyed having the company and having Lilli here. In all honesty, it's like going home after a trip, it's always nice to be home, that's how I feel. It was a little crowded in our apartment....one lady can make a mess by herself, two ladies, I cannot even explain to you the pile of sweepings from the kitchen floor everyday and the amount of toys that could be pulled out and where they ended up!
I also have to say, some of you know my deep rooted hate for laundry. I felt like I was doing more laundry than possible. Turns out in the past 3 weeks, I have gone through a 51 load bottle of detergent and 1 whole bottle of a Mom's best friend AKA Zout. When I realized that last night, it made me feel better to know it wasn't just all in my head.
Baylee is already back to Baylee despite the soon to show molars she's working on and the long torturous ride home from the airport yesterday. She struggled the whole time. Today, she is being happy and noisy. I think she was a little initmidated by Lillibug and didn't quite know what to do most of the time and just kept to herself. She will learn though.
I took a picture on the ride home yesterday of the Arch...yes, I should not do that while I'm driving, but after missing my exit for the interstate, I had to go through downtown and took advantage of the opportunity. Baylee and I stopped to eat lunch at White Castle......YUM YUM YUM!!!!!! She loved it almost as much as I did.


1 comment:
You sure have cute little ladies. I love how you call them ladies too. What will you do if you have a boy?? That fountain looked like a blast, but I have to admit that the "still mad" picture made me laugh. It's funny how they can be gung-ho for somethings and not for others. I'm glad you had a good time with Lilly.
Post a Comment