As predicted, we did go fishing on Saturday. We tried two different places. Neither one great. I ended up taking a book and laying down on the blanket with Baylee and reading. It was very relaxing. The next place, Baylee ended up of course playing in the water. After being wet and falling in the dirt she was covered in mud and got to ride home in just a diaper. She loved it.
It was one of the hottest days it's been here on Labor Day , so we chose our fishing hole according to access for Baylee to the water. We went prepared with her in her swimsuit and good thing since she spent most of her time in the water, well what wasn't spent playing with our bait(minnows we grabbed in the water) that quickly turned into dead minnows. I was telling Cody I think we got the wrong idea across to the ladies...they both like the dead fish as friends. Baylee had one she carried around and then found a perch for her friend on my leg. I was however not quite as fond of the dead minnow on my leg and would politely knock it onto the ground. Baylee was quick to notice and give me a "what in the world are you doing look" and put it back on my leg. It was definitely not ok for that minnow to be anywhere but my leg according to Miss Baylee. We had fun and spent quite a while out there.
The rest of the week was pretty normal for us, mostly spent in the house due to rain. Friday we had a playdate at the park with some new friends. It was about 70 outside and despite being overcast, it was a nice day. We went to a park that Baylee and I don't frequent and she loved zooming around the new obstacles.
This week I have gotten hollered at many times. Baylee has recently
in the past week or so taken up a new skill. She has to throw away her own diapers. Out of habit I sometimes grab them and forget it's her job now, I am reminded very quickly though. She gets so proud of herself when she throws them in the trash. She also learned to go into the bathroom open the drawer, put in her toothbrush, close the drawer and leave when I ask her "are you done brushing?" She understands so much just won't talk.
She is finally getting used to wearing her sunglasses a little. However, her favorite ones to wear are ones that are from a stuffed animal not her little lady ones. But I guess whatever makes her happy.


1 comment:
I wouldn't like the dead minnow on my leg either! I love her teeth in the picture. I can't believe how fast they grow up and change! I was looking at my almost 6 year old and wondering when she got so big! It goes so fast, but the ride is fun anyway:)
Post a Comment