We call what most people call the puppy dog face the puss in boots look due to the movie Shrek. Baylee has mastered the "puss in boots look". She has not done it to me. She does it to her Dad. The results, it got her some strawberry pie, exactly what she was after. Smart little devil. It was so funny to watch her do it.
For those of you that know Cody, you know he wears sunglasses all of the time outsi
de. If he's indoors, they end up on his head. People at his work have made fun of him because he always has them. Baylee proved the coworkers right and they have viable proof now. She's been wearing her sunglasses more and more and when she is done wearing them, she now puts them on her head and goes about her business and plays. If they fall off, she picks them up and sticks them back on the top of her head and moves along.
Monday was absolutely a fabulous day outside, extremely sunny and a high of 66 with a slight breeze. I could not resist taking advantage. Baylee and I ran some errands and then we got Happy Meals and went to the park for a Happy Meal picnic. I was surprised on such a day that we had the whole playground to ourselves. It was a nice treat for both of us. She had so much fun, climbing, running, playing and spinning. It was made even better by the sticks we found that she could carry around and the next best thing to rock gardens....mounds of mulch. She had fun on the mound of sticks. She climbed some stairs to the tall slide very well. It was exciting. They also have a rolly slide there and she loved watching her legs bump as she went down. I wish it was like that everyday. It was so nice.
We went to our ghetto park down the street one day. Baylee and I spent 45 minutes picking up trash. It's so sad. Not only is there graffiti on the slides, the swings get thrown over the top bars so you can't swing. I was furious about all the trash. The man was there cutting the grass and mutilating the trash so I got to as much of it as I could before he cut it. He was nice enough to stop and thank me later. By the time we picked up the trash around all of the playground areas and tennis courts, Baylee only played for 10 minutes and we went home. I surely did my good deed for the week. It looked so much better. Sad that I know when we go back this week, there will be more. I have been on a rampage about littering in this town. There is a trash can there, it's not like there's not one. People are pathetic! I'm stepping down from my soapbox for now.
The rest of the week found us indoors mostly due to rain. She's back to saying kitty and hot. And throwing some new sounds into the gibberish. Climbing is going well, it doesn't scare me as much.
I'm working on redoing Baylee's room. Once I finish making everything I will post pictures. I know it's only been a year with the other, but well I had an idea and I'm running with it. I started Thursday. Plans changed after the shelf in our closet fell on Cody Thursday night and we had to take everything out. It turned into chaos. But Cody fixed it yesterday and it's stayed so far.
Baylee is very unforgiving of me doing something she can't touch. Pins aren't so good for her, so naptime has been pretty much the only useful time....and that's after I finish everything else. Needless to say, her curtain is hung(which I didn't make because I found a really good deal and it was the inspiration for everything) and half of the dust ruffle is done. ... that's the extent of it. If Cody is home, he can help entertain her so I can work. Maybe by next weekend I will be done with most of my projects. I doubt I will be done with the quilt but everything else I'm hoping! Cross my fingers!


1 comment:
that picture of her with the pigtails is soooo cut! I love her face! I feel like a bad mom because I have no taken a picture of kennedy since her first birthday. we moved and it has been so hectic. I dont even know where our camera is!
Post a Comment