Saturday, November 29, 2008

Warning: lots of pictures

Last Saturday we ended up going shopping in Champaign (about 50 miles away). We needed to go to Target. I was glad I did too. The exciting deal of the night....tennis shoes for Baylee for $2.48! I do love a deal. Baylee had fun trying to ride under the cart in Target and browsing the shelves. In Toys R Us, she loved playing on the little couches. As we were walking away, she grabbed one and pulled it down the aisle. There were a few folks around of course laughing at her. She set it up and sat on it again. It was cracking us up. We got to go to Bob Evans for dinner. It was nice to get out of this small town for a few hours.
We got to do all of our normal activities plus some. We played with Keenan a few days. Baylee had to get shots on Tuesday. Poor girl had 4 to get. It was traumatic for a few minutes but she recovered quickly. Although, she had a relapse when we pulled back up to the building a little bit later(I forgot my checkbook at the visit). She screamed as soon as we parked. A special pack of Goldfish are magical at times.
When we got home, she was so playful, we went and played with Keenan for about an hour or so. We went to the park after naptime. I took a lot of pictures but she was so cute and in such a good mood at that point. She did really well until that evening. She got a pretty decent fever so I dosed her up and put her to bed. So far so good. She did get another chicken pox shot which can cause symptoms up to 4 weeks later. Hopefully the first fever was all we will get this time.
We did playgroup on Wednesday this week because of Turkey day. She was dragging a little but still had fun. She loves the slide they have inside. The only bad part is that it's on a rug and between the rug and the slide static is everywhere and the kids get shocked. I accidentally forgot to touch the slide first and shocked poor Baylee in the face. Nothing like getting tortured by your Mom!
Thanksgiving day, we all slept in which was incredibly nice. I did our turkey and all of that good stuff. It was yummy! It was the first time I've ever done just a turkey breast. That was an incredible choice on my part and the turkey wasn't dry at all. I was quite proud. I did do a few things lazy style. It was the first time I'd have to cook Thanksgiving with a kid tugging at me and saying "up, up, up". But we had a feast.
We always put up Christmas stuff on Thanksgiving. We went and dug out all of our stuff from storage. Brought it in the house and decided to go to the park and play. We did get everything up, mostly while Baylee was sleeping from being worn out at the park. She was in awe when she woke up. She had to touch everything. It was fun to see her amazement at the lights and ornaments and decor. She has loved a stuffed reindeer that I had. And made friends with the snowman that's about her size quickly. Our tree seems a little empty without tinsel and about half of our ornaments which are glass. Falling glass onto wood doesn't really mix well, throw a toddler into that, um, no words needed.

Baylee and the kitty have loved the tree. They can both be found laying under it pretty often. I rehang a good deal of ornaments, no glass has already paid off.
Friday I chanced things and decided to go to Walmart about 10 am. I needed things such as laundry detergent and garbage bags, and only get them from there. Turned out not nearly what I expected. People are stupid and caused some chaos. But it was nice getting groceries, there was no one on that side of the store. Baylee and I went to the park later Friday afternoon.
This morning we went to the Mattoon Christmas parade. It was a little chilly. I've been trying to teach Baylee how to use her pockets and the purpose of them. That came in handy today since she wouldn't wear her gloves or mittens. We got a pretty good bit of candy, I even scored some chocolate! Her favorite parts were the horses, the pony, and still the old men on cycles and in the little cars. I enjoyed it too. Well except the fact that she didn't want to be anywhere but in my arms. Including the walk home. Stubborn woman she is! I pushed the stroller and carried her the mile home. I wanted exercise and that was the purpose in walking, she made sure I got it, my left arm is already sore a 45 minute parade and then walking home. Unfortunately, Cody had to work, so he missed out.
No big accomplishments this week other than a few new words. My favorite new word of the week...alligator. Still won't say milk, but she will say "alliga". The "tor" never makes it out, but again, close enough for me. Potty time is the same, I'm still not pushing it. But still exciting all the same. We've had a good week. Next week looks even busier with something everyday except Wednesday so far. AAAAAAAH! And they say teenagers are busy? Our little soon to be 16 month old has quite the social life. :)

1 comment:

Carli said...

WOW! You got to go to Target eh? How exciting. haha! I don't think I could live in a small town. Kennedy loves those small couches too. They are so cute!