Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stuck inside

Like everywhere else, it's been quite chilly here. So I've had to come up with more things for us to do inside. It's already proven a difficult task as she doesn't have the patience for too much yet. We've also discovered a few things that most kids like that Baylee has not found the same love of and in fact have made her cry; bubble gum bubbles, stickers, leaves, and fingerpaint. With a little help from us, she has learned to love stickers and leaves and tolerates fingerpaint. Bubble gum bubbles still need some work.


We did fingerpaint a few days. After decking Baylee out in an old tshirt of mine, we attempted to teach her how to fingerpaint. She cried when Cody stuck her finger in it. After a little encouragement and a lot of papertowels, she warmed up to it. I wish I could say we have a little Picasso on our hands, that is not the case. She still did not love it, even after she tasted it...imagine that. But she was very proud of her paintings and played with them many times throughout the week.


We did bundle ourselves up in our big, fluffy, warm coats and head to the park again. It was very cold and she hates her mittens so her hands were freezing. I gathered and piled up leaves on the slide. It did not work as I had envisioned but it made her like leaves and not be scared of the piles.


We pulled out the playdough one day. I made some "incredible" figures of a snowman and an odd dog. She enjoyed saying "uh-oh" then destroying whatever I made. Funny how the "uh-oh" always came first even when they happened to fly across the room.


Baylee got to play her Little Leaps game system for the tv. She loves to push the buttons and really loves the music. (Thanks Kelly)


Baylee is still learning new words. She still doesn't say milk but says octopus which comes out as "otpu" which in my book is close enough. I've also broken her of the "uh-uh-uh" which previously meant I want up in a whiney way. Now it means "Mom is going to ignore me if I whine like that". She now has to say up to be picked up or lifted onto things. We are working on up please but I've only gotten the "peas" one time. I will take the up minus the peas if I never have to hear "uh-uh-uh" again. She has done very well this week with helping pick up all of her toys instead of just bath toys. So yay for that.


Our biggest and proudest adventure this week was Baylee's new potty. I figured since she hides and hunkers down to use the bathroom in her diaper already, that I would get the potty in here. The plan was to let her play with it and get used to it and then move on to potty training when she was up for it. She however has done far better than expected. The first night we had it, I took it to the bathroom and put her on it and she actually went. So she has gone every night before bath time in it. Quite honestly, I've only tried one other time. I'm not ready to push her yet, I was just trying to get her used to the idea of it all. She does love to sit on it quite often and point out Winnie the Pooh characters. I was a little surprised but very proud she's done even what she has.


We hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!

**Sorry about lack of pictures on the blog, Blogger/Picasa were not friends yesterday when I did the post and I have lost patience. But there are plenty of pictures in the albums.

3 comments:

Carli said...

She is so grown up! I tried to make kennedy use the big potty a few days ago, but she just sat there and laughed. I dont think I am even going to buy a potty for like 6 more months. Your child is so ahead!

Mamafamilias said...

Adrien,

When your mom told me you have a blog, I begged her for the address. Your little girl is so absolutely adorable. I have enjoyed reading about her and seeing the pictures. I'll be keeping up with her from now on! I was glad to see you as well. I can't believe all of you children are grown and are moms.

Anyway, check us out too! We're all in on the blogging world too!

Love,

"Aunt Gloria", (and Heather and Kelly - I sent them your blog address too)

The Colburns said...

Thanks for the comment. I have been so bad about blogging lately can you tell. Don't worry about Rusty seeing how we haven't even come to visit you we deserve to be forgot. But we love you guys and at least one of my family members(you) is good at blogging.

Love ya

Erin