Our week started out a little rough. Baylee had a pretty nasty cold last weekend. She seemed to be doing better by Monday but was waking up in the night and fighting going back to sleep. (yay, no sleep again!) After a very rough night Tuesday, I took Baylee to the doctor for you guessed it...ears or at least that was what I assumed by the repeat barking seal cough. Turns out she has another ear infection. I am grateful that we went from June until December without any. However, was not thrilled to hear it but thank goodness the Doc says I caught it early and appeared to just beginning to get infected. And it was only one ear. Hopefully this time we will get rid of it with the first round of antibiotics. I am not looking forward to the possibility of a repeat from last spring when the poor lady had ear infections from March until mid June at the cost of a little over $400 as well for visits and antibiotics! You can't blame me for that. But there is hope as she took a normal nap on Thursday for the first time this week. We still have not gotten to sleep through the night but I'm hopeful for that as well.
The other good part about the doc visit was that since I decided to skip her 15 month checkup, we got a weight for her and I measured her height at home. She's now 22 pounds and 30 1/4 inches tall. Both are right at the 30% mark. At her one year she was right at the 50% for both which had been a jump up, but now back down to where she was. She's so little but yet so big. Sometimes I forget how small she is. We went to playgroup on a different day and some of the ladies I knew had never seen her before and just went nuts over how little she was but was keeping up with their 2 & 3 year olds.
And we got to shop at Kohls while we were down in that town anyway. I am enjoying shopping more than ever before, I think because well obviously it's fun to buy for the girls. But it's also something I don't get to do as often because I dont want to drive 30 miles to go.
We finally received our first inevitable snow. Sunday morning we woke up to I'd say about 4 inches. It's been cold as snort and snowing off an on all week with it occasionally sticking but not piling up anymore and mostly melting by the end of the day.
Because Baylee didn't feel great, we have been in the house a lot this week and had to cancel a few of our plans and playtimes. She has perfected the word apple and says it perfectly, when she's not being lazy and saying app. We pulled out the Little People Nativity set for her to play with. She just loves it. We played with her toys a lot this week. The "stuck indoors" has at least given me time to pay better attention to which toys she really likes and which ones she no longer plays with and which ones she can't decide about. So I have gotten to pack up some things to take to storage which is perfect timing for Christmas coming up. I've gotten some things done around the house that I kept putting off as well. It's nice to still get some things accomplished.
Not much else to report. We stayed pretty low on the radar this week.
The other good part about the doc visit was that since I decided to skip her 15 month checkup, we got a weight for her and I measured her height at home. She's now 22 pounds and 30 1/4 inches tall. Both are right at the 30% mark. At her one year she was right at the 50% for both which had been a jump up, but now back down to where she was. She's so little but yet so big. Sometimes I forget how small she is. We went to playgroup on a different day and some of the ladies I knew had never seen her before and just went nuts over how little she was but was keeping up with their 2 & 3 year olds.
And we got to shop at Kohls while we were down in that town anyway. I am enjoying shopping more than ever before, I think because well obviously it's fun to buy for the girls. But it's also something I don't get to do as often because I dont want to drive 30 miles to go.
We finally received our first inevitable snow. Sunday morning we woke up to I'd say about 4 inches. It's been cold as snort and snowing off an on all week with it occasionally sticking but not piling up anymore and mostly melting by the end of the day.
Because Baylee didn't feel great, we have been in the house a lot this week and had to cancel a few of our plans and playtimes. She has perfected the word apple and says it perfectly, when she's not being lazy and saying app. We pulled out the Little People Nativity set for her to play with. She just loves it. We played with her toys a lot this week. The "stuck indoors" has at least given me time to pay better attention to which toys she really likes and which ones she no longer plays with and which ones she can't decide about. So I have gotten to pack up some things to take to storage which is perfect timing for Christmas coming up. I've gotten some things done around the house that I kept putting off as well. It's nice to still get some things accomplished.
Not much else to report. We stayed pretty low on the radar this week.


1 comment:
I still cant believe what a great talker she is. My child knows what everything is and points, but never says it! I love that pose against the chair!
Post a Comment