Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Under the Weather

Last weekend, we did pretty much nothing. The weather is not being cooperative anymore and fall is finally here. We found ourselves indoors quite a bit.

We did get to go play with Keenan and Marilyn one day. We also took them with us to playgroup this week. It was still very fun and Baylee just loves the singing and dancing in circle time.

Baylee's still just up to the same copy cat stuff. I can't recall any new tricks, other than jumpstarting her car. She's still a big helper and enjoys putting stuff away with me, especially the laundry. Oh with the exception of her toys. She still struggles with the enjoyment of picking up her fun things around the house. But puts away her bath toys just fine. Go figure.

We struggled with sleep due to the colds that we both had, that always makes for long days. So not only bad weather this week, but we were under the weather. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday turned out to be our worst days. We both were totally zapped of energy. However, after being couped up ... we bundled up Baylee in her marshmallow coat and went to the park on Sunday afternoon in 27 degree weather. I had the theory it would make us feel better, guess what, it did! We had fun crunching leaves and running around. The slides were cold and the little lady didn't have much flexibility in her marshmallow. Unfortunately a lot of my pictures didn't turn out really well from the park. But I posted them anyway.

In the end that leaves us with Baylee completely messed up on her sleeping schedule and us up in the night and her not going to sleep on her own. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. The never ending frustration of regulating her sleep patterns. But when the kid is struggling and is obviously sick, it's hard to not just rock her, and I am paying for that decision.

But we are doing well and glad to be past the worst of it. I'm tired I don't even know what to post, but the pictures are worth it. ... Picasa is struggling at the moment so no captions yet.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Aw man! That's a bummer you guys were sick. Glad you're feeling better.Sounds like it's stinkin' cold there!! We've gotten down to about 40 during the day, definitely no 20s. I love the pictures of Baylee jumping her car! It made me smile. I'm guessing she's seen you do it before?..