Our trip to Florida was quick but very fun. Baylee had her first privately chartered flight to a destination at 14 months old. Spoiled girl! We had an awesome tail wind and we made it about 45 minutes early to Florida, so it took just over 2 hours. That was nice considering she got a little squirmy in the plane and I was having to try to keep her from going up and flying with the pilots. We also got to hang at the multimillion dollar house in the fly-in community for a bit. We got the grand tour of the house, it was gorgeous of course and my entire apartment would fit into one of the bedrooms. Talk about a dream house. I felt insanely out of place there.
Baylee had fun throwing a ball in the pool for me to fish out while we waited on the boys to get the plane in the hangar and to get the batteries charged on the cars so that we could go to the beach via the guest condo where we were staying. By the time we ate some lunch and got things settled and got to the beach, the weather had taken a turn for the worst. However, considering how often we get to go to the beach, we went swimming anyway. It was still decently warm but not like how perfect it was upon arrival as we flew in where it was sunny and in the 80s. We only got to swim about an hour before I could make Baylee suffer no more. She loved it, it was just a little chilly. Baylee had fun watching the water around her and continuously fell because she'd get dizzy watching the water go away. It was nice too as it's one of the places you can still drive on the beach. We got to chase seagulls, throw sand, and jump waves. Baylee had a blast, as did we.
Somewhere in the midst of all of the excitement, Baylee would not settle down enough to take a nap, so she was very sleepy but quite the trooper. Too much to see. We had fun exploring Port Orange a little. We left early Sunday morning to head home.
The drive went much much much smoother than I expected. Partly because I was one o
f those moms most people talk about and I let Baylee wander around when she got too restless. We made it to Atlanta by about 3:45 pm. We stopped and I got to restock my boiled peanut supply. I was glad for that. We then met Kelly, Brian and Caleb for early dinner. It was so good to see them. We miss hanging out. It's crazy how big Caleb got in the 8 months since we've been gone and how much older he seems. It was fun to watch Baylee interact with him again. She is pretty shy most of the time and surprisingly she didn't take but maybe a minute to feel at home around them. She followed Caleb all over the place. Caleb took some pictures of himself for us since I was a slacker and didn't take any. Kelly was nice enough to pass on a booster seat to us. Baylee was freed of her carseat and she climbed onto the backseat which laid down perfectly to make mini stairs for her to climb up and she arranged her booster to where she could sit in it. She loves the seat. I was very glad we had the Expedition, it had plenty of wandering room.
After about 2 hours we headed out. We drove as far as Chattanooga, Tennessee and stopped at the first hotel with an indoor pool we could find. We wanted Baylee to get to swim some more. She liked it as long as she was very securely in our arms. We then headed out and made it home Monday evening. Despite being so short and driving home, the trip was definitely worth it and we had a good time. It was nice too since Cody has been working so much lately to have him with us for 3 days straight. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.


1 comment:
her suit is so cute! You are so lucky to get to go to florida! I am jealous!
Post a Comment