Sunday, October 12, 2008

Abundance of Bed time

We had a fun week of playing. We went to the park of course, Baylee actually played with some other kids one day, baby steps! Actually there were 5 of them all aged 4-10. She loved them and ran around with them, they did the same with her. We all ended up playing soccer together. They didn't have any parents there(odd to me) so I had to control the boys a few times, but it was fun. Me and Baylee were first pick for the teams. It was fun to run around with them, like I was a kid again too.

I took the side off of Baylee's crib quite a few times this week so that she could play on her bed. I did it when she wasn't in the room the first time. She noticed as soon as she came in. She couldn't seem to get on it, so I moved her rocking chair right next to it when she wasn't looking. She again immediately saw that and got up. She loved it. One of the days we threw her bunny back and forth for an hour and a half. She cracked up pretty much the whole time, a little repetitive for me, but it was making her happy. Today she actually pitched a hissy fit and tried to hang off the side of her bed to get the side off. Definitely meant naptime to me, but it was funny she wanted it off so bad.

Baylee is becoming more and more creative. One day she was playing with her books. Next thing I know she's playing librarian and opened all of the books and then stacked them on the table. It made me laugh. She has also apparently progressed to reading novels since those seem to be the book of choice for her these days. Her favorite is a Dean Koontz book and she opens it and just looks at the words and turns the page as if she's reading. Sometimes she studies intently sometimes she speed reads.

We went to a garage sale yesterday and the people were kind enough to give Baylee another bunny. I wasn't super thrilled about a used stuffed animal, but it still had the tags and she would not let go of it. So I washed it as soon as we got home and I'm ok with it I guess. She loves it. She's never been attached to any one toy, blanket, or anything and all of sudden she loves this random lady's bunny. She fell asleep last night with her arm around the new bunny.


Nothing big in development, just continuing to work on words and identifying things. She does really well with commands from "Go get your shoes please" to "lets go change your diaper". She knows what to expect and now willingly lays herself down when I tell her we need to change her diaper. It may be 6 feet from where the stuff and me are, but nonetheless, she does it by herself, I can move.


I was amazed the other day at how much she really pays attention to everything. She is truly a sponge. She likes to hold my keys. I gave them to her as we were getting things together to leave the house. We got to the door opened it and she gave them to me without me asking. Rare when it comes to such treasures as real keys. As soon as we locked it she wanted them back. I have monthly wall hangings she always notices when they are changed and makes sure to point it out. As with the sunglasses, she has watched her dad blow his nose a few times, and she does the same. She goes and pulls off a little toilet paper, wipes her nose and throws it in the trash and walks out of the bathroom even if no one is in there. She doesn't need to, it's just a trick she learned. It cracks me up.



As another year came and went for me this week, it seemed the perfect time to reflect. Never did I expect to be 26 and feel so young and yet so old all at the same time. As I was telling Teague...I'm now on the downhill to 30. It seems all so strange. I feel old when I can say...I remember when I bought gas for 72 cents a gallon, the fact that I say I remember when makes me feel old. Then to think I almost did a dance yesterday at paying 2.62 a gallon. Inspite of these thoughts, I am glad to be at this point in my life where I am truly blessed to have a wonderful husband and such a beautiful little angel I am honored to call my daughter and an adorable stepdaughter who we do not get to enjoy nearly enough.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you are enjoying life with Baylee. You have monthly wall hangings?

Carli said...

That is so cute that she wanted the side of so badly! Kennedy still wont even touch her crib. Maybe we should try that!