Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to reality






It was so nice in Florida, it was a little sad when we got home and it was cold again. Unlike all of our friends and family that live out west and have already been graced with snow, it only got down into the 50's for a spurt just before we left for about a week and is headed back up. So I have no right to complain.


We got back into the routine of hanging out with friends and playing at the park. We took Cody with us to the park 2 days this week for playtime. It's always nice to have him go too. We've had a lot of fun playing with her little soccer ball. My fabulous $1 investment.


I made a blanket fort for Baylee with her highchair. She loves to go in and peek out. She moves her fort around the house. It's funny to watch her do that. She likes to pull the blankets off too, so we are constantly fixing it, but it makes her so happy.


I've been letting her play with my wallet. She likes to pull all of the cards out and organize them, line them up then stack them. Cheap entertainment yet she's creatively playing. My kind of deal.


She's still broadening the word spectrum. We were talking about her pajamas one night and what colors they were she proceeded to copy Dad and say "blue and green". Two new words but yet sometimes we can't even get her to say hi. I've always been under the impression that she's holding out on us. I do believe that!


She has taken on full force the art of screaming now. She's been really good about that until lately. I am hoping this is as loud as she's going to get for a while. She runs around like a chicken with her head cut off just screaming and occasionally giggling in the mix. Not pleasant on the ears really. I guess she makes up for it since she's been "helping" me clean everything.


I went ahead and pulled out her pumpkin costume this week. I know a boring pumpkin...in my defense it was one I had gotten for Lilli. By the time I decided to dress her up, it was the only thing left in stock at Party City in Seattle in her size when we went shopping. So in the tradition of hand me downs, it's now Baylee's turn to wear it. I learned with Lilli it works best to get her used to it before I expect her to wear it. Baylee has taken to it much better though. She knew what her pumpkin was within two hours of me pulling it out and would follow commands to go find it and then we'd identify facial features. She likes to wrap up in it and sit on it(as does the kitty) and she even brings it to me and wants to put it on, backwards but on. She wants it on like a jacket, unfortunately that puts the face on the back, but beggars can't be choosers and considering her size, I'm sure people will understand if that's all we get on Halloween. It is amusing though that the pumpkin had this effect of making Baylee want to spin in circles when she put it on the first time.


I am excited for probably "trunk or treating" or going to the mall here for "safe trick or treating". I haven't decided where we are going yet but I'm still looking forward to it.

No comments: