Zoey Harper was born at 2:24 pm and weighed a whopping 9 lbs 4 oz and was 22 inches long. After seeing the size, it all made sense why I didn't gain weight like they wanted. She gained it all. Then again, if you know me, I was bitter about overcooking and I partially blame that even though it was only a few days. I guess we just saw it as more baby to love. She stole our hearts immediately as her tough little(big) self tried to hold her head up on her own while still in the hospital.
We had to wait our 24 hours after delivery and got to leave. I really dislike staying in the hospital and was shocked they "offered" for us to stay another day, if we like. No thanks, my own bed and cooking are much better, not to mention I get more uninterrupted sleep at home. Do people actually take them up on it? Does someone actually find it peaceful or enjoyable? Thanks I'd rather stick a screwdriver in my eye or hear relentless nail scratching on a car over a loud speaker. (Am I the only one that hates the nails on the car sound? I can't be the only one that has actually done this as the odds of this versus down the chalkboard are much higher for the average citizen)
Tanner and Baylee got to go spend the day with Ms. Hannah and Izzy and could not have been more pleased by this arrangement. They were spoiled and had a fantastic time. They were pretty intrigued by meeting the new arrival. They didn't stay too long and were pretty quiet but both got to hold her and Tanner could not stop "honking" her nose. Sadly for her, there has been and will be much more of that to come.
All in all I would say, I'm glad to be done with the big belly for a while and we are so so so very blessed to have the Miss Zoey join our family!


No comments:
Post a Comment