We just celebrated by going to her choice of restaurants for lunch then taking her to Walmart to pick out her cake. Her cake was a Hello Kitty cake with cupcakes that had rings on top because "that's a lot of rings for me" she said. I was dreading that being the cake, because in my head all I could think was that's a lot of rings for me....to step on and then have to sneak into the trash when she wasn't noticing, but I let her get the cake she wanted. It was the least I could do after I was unable to make her a cool one due to the horrible state of my numb hand and carpal tunnel.
We had homemade pizza for dinner as she requested. I had let her open presents randomly all day. It started one an hour then we increased it. She got lots of cool prizes and had a blast. To her credit, she's such a nice big sister. She let Tanner help her open about half of her presents. They had fun together tearing paper.
Even though it was not a big fancy celebration like last year's Tangled party (how were we going to top that with it so fresh in her mind anyway?) she had a great birthday.
We are so blessed to be her parents and it's hard to believe she's already 5. She has a HUGE spot in our hearts and we love her so much. Happy birthday to the Baylee!


No comments:
Post a Comment