About a week after lil Z was born, Grammy and Grampa got to come visit and see the new little munchkin. We had a great time hanging out with them. While they were here, they got to experience a true Illinois thunderstorm complete with winds so strong, they broke our swing set and blew it onto the goat fence. They also got to sit through 8 hours of no power(yay for the grill), at least we could eat.
On a more fun note, we got to go to the zoo one beautiful day. Tanner was terrified of the once loved carousel. Cody ended up having to ride with him on his pick of creatures, which I admit, I found it quite funny and felt very little sympathy for this poor boy. I went out to the car to sit in the air conditioning and feed Zoey and apparently missed a very cool performance by the wolves. Of course.
I'm not sure Grampa was aware of it as often as it happened, but he had a short shadow that stands about 33 inches tall following him around. Tanner loved to tag along. We enjoyed the visit and definitely think it stinks that we live so far away.
Credit due: Thanks Grammy for some of the pictures!



No comments:
Post a Comment