Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rest of July


Our remaining July days were spent getting back to our "normal" life without our Lilli. We had a lot of work to do with the garden. We conquered plenty of canning events. Baylee was my special helper almost every time we needed to can. She went out to the garden and picked with me and then hung out until it just wasn't fun anymore. We had friends come and help us with some of the beans one day. I got to the point where I was so sick of seeing beans and threw them in bags to in the freezer to have for the winter for the goats. We canned peas, pickles, spicy pickles(which are fantastic), salsa, tomatoes(which we are still working on) and a few jalapenos(which are also still in progress). I'd say we have well gotten our time and money's worth out of the garden. Not to mention the endless fresh items we had and still have.

We did get to fly the kite some. It's funny how when we start flying kites, oddly enough it quits being windy in the windiest place that I have ever lived.

We also had a test run day for new icing techniques. Hannah had a party to make things for and I had Baylee's birthday party coming up. So we had a fun day of just playing. The girls each helped out and ate more than their weight in icing. Good thing we had plenty to go around, we might have reused some icing a few times as we are not advanced in our techniques.

We had a lot of play time in the pool and hang around the house time, which was super nice. We had fun times with friends as always and really enjoyed our trips to the pool. The little Lowes are both doing well and growing like weeds.

No comments: