Monday, September 5, 2011

The Baylee girl is 4!




It's hard to believe our little army crawler is a 4 year old spitfire! But it's happened she's turned a year older(again) and somehow, not sure how, she seems to take up more real estate in our hearts every day. She is an amazing little(big) girl.
We had plans to spend her actual birthday with Miss Hannah and Izzy, getting Miss Hannah's classroom ready for school to start. The girls had fun rearranging chairs. They also took "naps" in the hotel(under Miss Hannah's desk). They were so funny. We then ended up at McDonalds, mainly because the day before we had Baylee's requested Chinese food already. The girls wore themselves out and then we went and played at their house.
We had Baylee's requested dinner of chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and broccoli with dip. She got to open her presents and had a blast with that. She got her Rapunzel dress so that she could dress the part for her birthday party. She also got scissors, a booster car seat, and a battery powered toothbrush, all 3 being things that a "big" girl uses and we figured she would be thrilled to be deemed a big girl. We were not let down as she took turns brushing her teeth and "cutting coupons" all night while wearing her Rapunzel dress.

She did make me laugh as the day approached, she was so excited to be four. Upon many questioning sessions, the answer pretty much was the same. 4 is better than 3 because she can be a bigger sister to Tanner. The best thing she did though was on her birthday as we were trying to figure out the perfect birthday dress. I had stashed a new one away for her but she ran to her closet and pushed up on her tiptoes and stretched her arm as far as she could and then shifted and repeated. I asked what she was doing. She replied "I'm bigger now, I thought I could reach my own clothes." She thought that because she turned 4 in the night apparently that meant instant growth spurt and she would be able to reach the 6 foot high bar in her closet. Too cute. It made me giggle for sure. Boy, am I glad it doesn't work that way in reality. She is definitely entertaining. Happy Birthday to our Baylee!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like a fun day! Every time I see a picture of her I am in awe of her hair. We can't get Annaliese's to grow!