Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The final weeks of our Lillibug's stay


I find myself busier by the day with more and more on the to do list and less and less of me to do it...well, there still seems to be plenty of "me" here...noted and added to the to do list, make there less of me to fill up space. :) So once again, I find I should apologize for not taking the time like I should to narrate(yes some of you will thank me for this) but I find it unnecessary to apologize. I have 2 small children, at this point had 3. I would say it speaks for itself and be glad there are pictures!

The kiddos have had a blast cruisin' in Lightning McQueen. Tanner loves to ride and they all love to ride together.
We spent one day with Ms. Kristen, Reagen and McKinley at the park in Sullivan for playing and then a picnic. When we got toasty, we headed to their pool and soaked up some sun. As if we hadn't had a full day, we hit up the ice cream stand for a cool treat. Lilli and Baylee loved their tooty fruity cones and my mint soft serve was pretty darn fantastic too. We all slept very well that night to say the least.
I know some of you may have read my vent, banter, blabbing on facebook about the slip n slide. Well, I thought it deserved numerous pictures. I laughed and laughed as I really had no idea it was a learned art form. I guess they should teach technique in elementary. I had a great time sliding down it. The girls struggled getting the form down, so I spent most of the play time shoving them down the slide after they laid down. Even without perfecting the technique, they had a great time and laughed and enjoyed themselves. We pulled it out a couple more times, but I gave up on the pictures, I wanted to have fun too. I was pretty bad at watching the well and we ran it dry while playing. OOPS! Was it worth it? I'd do it again in a heartbeat, shhh, don't tell Cody I said that.

We also went to a play at the Little Theater on the Square in Sullivan. I didn't really know what to expect. But it was Rescuing Rapunzel, a Western tale. Could they go wrong with a change up to the almighty Rapunzel as the girls know it? No no they could not. It was so much fun. We got to have Miss Hannah and Izzy go with us. I loved it. Baylee still talks about it. Mother Gothel came down the aisle and sang a song right by us and toward Baylee who was on my lap. Afterwards, she commented on the fact that she sang right by us to Baylee. Baylee's day was also made when the character that won Rapunzel's heart said her hair was as long as Rapunzels. Did he have any idea what this meant to our little Baylee? Her daily strife these days is achieving Rapunzel length hair. We had a great time and followed it up with cookie making and decorating. Talk about a great girls day!

July4th was kicked off for us with the observance of the Sullivan Parade. The girls were so excited about the loot they picked up. Then we celebrated just like always with the big outing to the hangar at the airport for the Rural King bbq. We enjoyed ourselves immensely(ok it was hot as sin, maybe that was a little optimistic) but we did have fun. Tanner loves to crawl under planes that was obvious, we are thinking future A&P Mechanic for the monkey. Lilli, Baylee and Izzy are entertainment in and of themselves, give them a stage, AKA helicopter cart and it was on! (Cody was loving taking the fireworks pics so I thought I'd share those as well)
Our final big event with Lilli was the Decatur zoo with Miss Kristen and crew. We ran to Target, picnicked, played and checked out the animals we have seen time and again, but yet it's still entertaining. It was insanely hot and we ended up at Dairy Queen once again, getting ice cream. The DQ has an indoor playground so that was nice for the girls to continue playing, indoors.

We as always enjoyed our visit with Lilli. Baylee and Lilli were inseparable yet argued, fought and tortured each other, well just as sisters should. Baylee was in a withdrawal mode after Lilli went home and she missed her constant playmate. The volume level drastically dropped around here when she left. We miss her when she's not around but try to value our time with her.

No comments: