Monday, February 16, 2009

It's like a carousel...

Many ups and downs and round and round but it's all fun, well mostly. We have been quite busy lately. We did find a place to live so we won't be homeless in 2 weeks. Though it's not quite up to our normal standards, it will be sufficient for the next 6 months. We will have a huge fenced backyard and quite honestly that makes up for the short comings of the house. We get the keys this weekend and have a good bit of cleaning to do but we have a little over a week to do it and move in and out of our other place.

Baylee and I had a movie day one afternoon. I laid out pillows and blankets and we had popcorn and bananas for lunch. Despite the pictures she thought it was fun. Her bunny joined us and she made sure he was comfy the whole time. We watched the Fox and the Hound. Baylee even got to pick out her outfit that day. It happened to be one that's quite a little large for her. Though it's 18 months, we had to roll up the pants at the waist 2 times and the shirt just seemed to get in the way but it was what she wanted. Miss Independent for sure.
We have been helping out and watching Julia during the day. Baylee and Julia get along well for the most part. Obviously there are going to be a few scuffles between two 18 month olds. I mean they are girls. One mishap over a cup while I was refilling one cup turned into a busted lip for Julia and a bruised face for Baylee. They have had fun following each other around and playing. It was a little warmer last week and we got to go on walks after naptime. They both love to point out leaves, rocks, trees, cars and yes of course the choo choo train. We did the usual playgroup and storytime. We also had a McDonalds picnic in the floor one day. I even managed to get my cleaning and errands done somehow.

Baylee and I went on a walk one day after Julia went home. She insisted on taking her baby with us. I thought I was going to end up having to carry it and discouraged her coming along. To my surprise, she carried her the whole time. Well carried is a choice word, dragged would probably be more suitable. Her Cabbage Patch also made the trip to playgroup as I declared it not worth the fight to get her to leave the baby at home or in the car.

She is constantly talking more and more. I was so excited on Sunday when she said "thank you" unprompted. We still have a ways to go but I've stopped keeping up with new words, which makes me feel like we are finally getting there.


We have all had colds this weekend but decided to take a shopping excursion to Decatur. Baylee showed off her skills first in Best Buy. She has discovered that if she can't see you, she can call really loudly and you will come. Cody and I went in different directions at one point(imagine that in an electronics store). She looks around, gets a serious face and then proceeds to yell "DA DA". It was the loudest I've heard her be other than crying of course. All I could do was join in all of the other customers and laugh. She did it all day while we were shopping. It was cracking me up so we continued to set her up just so she'd do it.


She defintely keeps us laughing these days and on our toes and I leave you with a sample of Baylee orginal artwork on my canisters. I had no idea the crayons were to out still. Guess I will be more careful with those. At least it wasn't on the wall!
Congrats again to Mom and Dad who finally found a house in South Dakota. Can't wait to visit! :)

1 comment:

Mamafamilias said...

She is so adorable!!!! What a cute little mama she is.