Obviously things have been quite busy for us lately. We ended up painting the entire house, having to do some patch work and a lot of carpet cleaning. We now have a place we are happy in and Baylee became right at home very very quickly. She has adjusted really well. We are already loving the fact that we have a yard. Though the weather hasn't been it's best lately we have gotten to go out a few days.
The move went rather smoothly. We ended up not having anyone to watch Baylee(whole other story). We just had to do what we could in keeping her up the stairs. Baylee has yet to fail to impress. She listened and stayed upstairs with the door wide open the whole time we were moving our stuff out. She was such an angel that day and did so much more than could be expected of her. I know she's smart beyond her one year. We got all moved over and the other place cleaned. We had most of the painting done(which i just finished an hour or so ago). If I don't pick up a paintbrush for at least 5 years, it will still be too soon. (kidding, but at least a while).
Somehow in between all of our painting cleaning and moving chaos we still managed to find a little fun. Baylee and I met our friends Marley and Libby at a library in a neighboring town. Why? They have the coolest kids area with toys and puzzles galore. Baylee has been very clingy at playgroup and unwilling to play. However we walked into the library and she went to town playing like she owned the place. We will definitely be going back. She had so much fun.
Baylee has been quite the picky eater these days and it's surprising some of the things I compromise and let her eat just so she will eat something. This picture portrays Baylee sitting with Cody while she downs sour cream. Yes just plain sour cream. I don't know about her sometimes. But the food battle continues.
We have had Julia with us a few days lately too. They still have fun together most times. Julia was having a tough day one of the days and Baylee was trying her hardest to get Julia to laugh. She was throwing herself around and fake falling and hugging Julia. It's amazing the things the kids can sense. I appreciated Baylee's diligence in trying to help.
Baylee is still quite the copycat. She will copy your stance in a heartbeat. She's been trying to perfect the hands on her hips. She still needs some work but if that one takes a while, I'm ok with it. She's just so much fun with everything and talking up a storm these days.
As for the potty training thing. she loves to wander the house without a diaper still. This was the case on Saturday night. She came running to me and said potty potty potty to which I continued what i was doing not thinking she even knew what she was doing or saying since it's been over 2 months since we've even put her on the potty before bathtime due to Lilli and Faiths visit and moving and so on. She ran back to the bathroom door and not even 2 minutes later she came back in "momma, pee pee pee". Yep she had peed in the floor right outside the bathroom door that was closed due to Cody showering. Stinking smart kid....poor ignorant mom. Haha. I guess we will be working on the going potty some more. I had no idea.
We are still getting settled in the house and I've been horrible with the blog and tried to do a quick catch up, here are all of our pictures just thrown in, though not as many as you would expect. I promise one of these days we will get back to our old routine.


2 comments:
Sour cream? haha! I let Kennedy have hot dogs almost daily for lunch. whatever works right? :)
She just keeps getting cuter! I like the paint colors you used for the house! looks good!
Post a Comment