Saturday, July 5, 2008

And a fisher is born....

I feel as though we walked at least 1000 miles this week. Baylee is just loving to walk and look around. I have enjoyed it myself. She does always try and runaway and go places on her own. It's pretty funny. We had to get our little walker some real shoes, the cloth ones weren't cutting it and she grew out of 2 different pair in 2 weeks!

We did the normal routine last weekend....fishing on Saturday. They mowed around the pond finally, so we didn't have to sit/stand in over a foot of weeds. We had a Taco Bell picnic. It was a lot of fun. However, Baylee was quite curious to say the least. She did go for a small swim in the water...not purposely really. She was covered in mud. (I apparently didn't get a picture) It scared her spitless for a few minutes and I hate to admit it but it made me laugh. You would think she'd then want to stay away from the water, nope not Baylee. She wanted to throw all of her toys in and kept getting as close as I would allow, so fishing for me was more of a battle of keeping Baylee out of the water. It's very shallow where we fish but still. I did catch my first bass in Illinois and after adding it up my first bass since we fished Jordanelle in Utah on the weekends. I was excited. It was a small guy but much more fun than the bluegill. They at least put up some fight.

This fishing trip also marked Baylee's first attempt to fish on her own, she just couldn't take it any more. She helps me reel but she kept going to one of Cody's poles and checked it out and kept trying to use it. It was the perfect weather for fishing and so we ended up staying out later than normal. Good thing since Baylee had some drying out to do.

Baylee and I went walking or to the park everyday during the good weather, though had more rain this week. We met some fun people and kids at the park. And oddly enough I met a lady from Georgia, she had a son about 3 weeks younger than Baylee. Baylee was so intrigued by him.

I also did my good deed for the week. We had a new neighbor moving in. She didn't have but her minivan full of stuff to move in, but she's right across the hall which means 2nd floor. She has a bad knee and was struggling and is a single lady. I went and, carrying Baylee since she can't scale the stairs well yet, carried boxes, bags and what I could. When it got to the heavy stuff I had her watch Baylee and I finished moving all of her stuff in the house. She then was waiting on furniture to arrive and so I had her hang out with us and got her some snacks and kept her company. In the end, I did benefit beyond being nice and exercise....the cable guy had to come and I snagged him and he fixed our internet that has been beyond bad for the past 2 weeks. So that worked out for me. I didn't think that I would make that many trips up and down the stairs and not mind it. Funny how it's different when it's for someone else and not yourself.

For our 4th of July, Cody's work had a bbq at their hangar at the airport. The county was putting on an airshow and fireworks. We went mid afternoon and hung out. It was nice for me to meet some of the people I hadn't met yet that Cody talks about. Baylee had a blast walking around and watching the other kids and entertaining the older people. Groups of kids would walk by and Baylee was quick to jump in behind and tag along, following the big kids like she was part of their group. It was amusing to say the least.



They were giving helicopter rides right next to our hangar. It was killing Cody because it's the first airshow we've been to where he was not the one giving rides. It was monumental for him and sad at the same time. Baylee wasn't a fan of the noise but got used to it. The B-25 scared her too. It was loud, but he didn't go out as much as the helicopters(they gave only 3 minute rides with 2 helicopters). She did end up taking a nap after about 3 hours of walking around. Everyone of course loved her. It was by far the smallest airshow we've been to but also unique. They did acrobatics at night. We had a bad attitude about that at first because we didn't think you could see him. It turned out even cooler at night than during the day. The smoke was crazy in the night and it made it that much more dangerous. His plane was very well lit and we really enjoyed it.

Then they had the fireworks. Baylee watched about half of them. We were the closest hangar to them, the public was down a ways from us, so we got the very loud end of things. She jumped quite a bit but then I plugged her ears and she tried to sleep. We were thinking she was going to scream the whole time because of the noise. she was great! Of course, I had my camera, but well my battery died as soon as they started to do the fireworks. Honestly, they put on quite a show. It was far far far better than I thought and much longer. It was impressive and ranks up with the best fireworks shows I've ever seen. The weather was great yesterday. With a high of 75 it was a perfect day to be outside. We had a great time.

Even better.....Cody is off for the rest of the weekend. 3 day weekend! These come much more often here and we are loving it!

4 comments:

Jane said...

just stumbled upon your little blog. welcome to central illinois ;-)

Carli said...

Ha! Sad but funny that she fell in the water. Sounds like something my kid would do and I woulds laugh! haha! She is super cute~

Heather said...

THANK YOU! That is so nice for you to donate to Jason's JA Charity Event! You are too sweet! He says thanks too! Love ya girly!

Chambers Clan said...

Sounds like an eventful 4th of July! I'm glad there were no mishaps fishing. Isn't it a whole new experience with a walker? I have to say I have never been in a helicopter before, but I bet it is pretty loud and exciting.