We had so much fun fishing last weekend. Baylee wanted to help a lot of the time, we really just need to get her her own pole, soon. very soon. I am proud to say that I caught a decent sized bass finally. It was fun, especially since I was the only bass catcher of the day, so I got to gloat a little. I have to defend myself on Baylee's shirt and side ponytail, if I have to fix it 1800 times an hour, you can deal with looking like you just stepped out of Napoleon Dynamite!
We had a pretty lonely week. Cody had a helicopter break in Tennessee and drove home with the VP he was flying and he had to turn around and go back have the mechanic meet him and then take it in for normal service. Normal service on a helicopter is not like a car. He was gone all week with the bird until this afternoon. We missed him!
Baylee and I went and did the usual to the park and for a walk everyday. I even made us take a chance and we got rained on one day, but lucky for us the park is 1/4 mile away and Baylee was covered. She had fun swinging and watching birds and other kids. They are having baseball tournaments at that park right now so we got to listen to music and then the announcer of the games while we played. She of course is still walking all over the place.
We are trying to get Baylee to wear a hat, not going so well still, but at least she keeps it on for about 2 minutes now. Her latest words...uh oh and butt. I always say lets change your butt. That one is my fault. Of course she picked up on the least glorious word. She's still trying to climb despite it not working well yet. She tried to climb out of the bathtub and gave me a small heart attack, it was not pretty but it would have been successful had I not grabbed her first. Still chewing on everything she can find and moving things from here to there and under there and in this and it makes me laugh. She can also point out my nose when asked where's mama's nose, but not her own yet. She knows her tummy as well!
After almost nine months of pony and pigtails, she has finally gotten curious and started pulling them out constantly. Me, I was fine when she left them alone!
For the nighttime, well, after waking up 7 times in 3 hours one night this week, I decided it was time to get serious about breaking this habit of hers. It was hard for me to do, I let her cry for 24 minutes the first night before I went in. I went in total 3 times that night and she woke up 5 more times. I ignored her. I didn't even pick her up except once for two nights to calm her down enough to breathe, otherwise I rubbed her back until she went back to sleep. Each night we cut out 2 wakings and last night she only woke up once and that was at 10:30, and I hadn't even gone to bed yet. Hallelujah, my arm is tired! There is hope for us!
Our weekend looks pretty boring. Cody is having to work today and just called to inform me, he now has to work tomorrow as well. Happy he was not. Even though he just had to babysit the mechanics most of the week, it wasn't really off days. So he won't get one this week. I guess payback for the 2&3 day weekends. We've gotten some crazy storms last night and today so I guess we would be stuck indoors anyway.


2 comments:
That is so cute that she actually talks! Mine jabers a lot, but no real words like "uh oh". Too cute!
How fun! Brooklyn will dance to music, and points and goes, "Uh, Uh, Uh" if she wants something. She does look busy! Luckily my kids have all been good sleepers, but we had to do the let them cry phase (which Brooklyn is in at the moment). It does get better every night. They learn when you mean business. The next hard nightime phase is when they go from a crib to a bed and realize that they can get out when they want. That one is really fun!
Post a Comment