Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quiet Week


We had a calm pretty routine week. We spent most of it at home playing. Fortunately the weather was nice this week until Friday and we got to go for walks and to the park to play everyday.

Baylee is a walking machine. I have been having her walk into stores when we go. She walked into the post office one day. It was rather entertaining. It took us 15 minutes to get about 50 feet. Everything was a distraction. People walking by, cars driving by out on the street, the rock flower bed was heaven on earth for her, and everyone that passed had to stop and talk to us mostly saying they couldn't believe how little she was and walking like that. She's very stubborn and independent and does not want to hold your hand at all to be guided where to go, she can make it on her own.

I have, by far, done more arranging this week than ever before. She likes to rearrange(hide) everything. Carrying things is so much fun and putting them in places where they can't be seen...even better! Needless to say, I have no idea what I'm going to stumble across when opening, looking behind, under or in any item in the house. It's like Christmas all of the time.

2 comments:

Carli said...

Kens started walking today too! Yay! It is so exciting! That is cute that she is distracted by everything. Kids love to explore new things. I love it!

Chambers Clan said...

Just wait until they learn to climb! Then stuff gets to a new level:) That is great though. I think that milestone is wonderful for you and the baby. It makes everyone happy. My little 13 month old is still just scooting along...I'm going to try working with her. Besides, Dave has to have her in church, he should have to chase a little right?