We had a good week. I had a great Mother's Day. We didn't do much but I got some nice prizes and a really cool card from Cody and Baylee. A few of the prizes...a light for my dark kitchen that goes under the cabinet and a plant that can happily live indoors with us, since my outdoor ones from Georgia are struggling inside! I was excited. It was horrible weather on Sunday though so we had no choice but to stay inside all day. Baylee gets into more and more things all of the time but at the same time she is getting to be more and more fun .
We did get a few breaks in the weather and got to head over to the park a few times during the week. It gets us both out of the house and Baylee loves to swing and is really starting to like the slide more and more. And as always, she ate some more grass. Between the grass and cat food, I can't figure out this diet of hers.
As some of you may know, I pretty much always have a camera on me. Unfortunately, Thursday found me without a camera. In Walmart, Baylee decided to literally kick back and cruise the store. She slumped down and had her feet kicked up on the rail with her sippy cup on one side and cereal in her hand. She had not a care in the world. Many people stopped and had to talk to us because she was so cute with her little feet kicked up and looking so comfy. It was too cute. I have got to do better with the camera for moments like those.
Not to mention she knows how to fake sleep already. She has done it before and I've watched her. But last Saturday, I laid her down she waited until she thought I was gone, I was but I had the door cracked. She looked up couldn't tell it was cracked, GIGGLED and then stood up and started jumping. At that point all I could do was laugh with her. The giggle made it all. She still loves to watch out the windows as well. I have built her stairs out of small blankets in her room so she can see out the window and watch all of the people at the Mexican restaraunt or the birds or sometimes just cars going by out on the HWY. She enjoys doing it out the front window as well by climbing on the couch(with assistance of course). She absolutely loves it.
Baylee also doesn't kiss much. She will occasionally, not on command, do the open mouth touch your face kiss. Instead she gives nose. You bump foreheads and then touch noses. She's learned to do it to the kitty(in the process in this pic). The kitty usually licks her after the head bump though. Thursday night during the video chat with Lilli, she gave Cody nose about 50 times. Every 10 seconds she'd turn and do it then continue to watch Lilli then do it again. It was so funny. She's been great this week with petting the kitty instead of pulling her hair and only tried to bite her tail a few times one of which the kitty nipped her back.
She also is trying to say more. She said kitty 3 times on Monday! Since then, not once but I figure she is just storing it up to bust it out all in a day. She tried to say Out, what we tell the kitty to do when its her nap time. She didn't quite nail that one the way she did kitty though. She claps a lot. If a song comes on, she claps, even commercials. It's fun. No other big news from the Baylee for this week.
We however did get things worked out to get Lilli out here for a while this summer. Grandma and Grandpa Lowe are bringing Lilli out here and staying a week and they will be able to celebrate Baylee's big #1 birthday with us(a few days late, but Baylee won't mind). We are excited to see all of them, especially since we live so far away. Baylee will love Lilli being here as well as spending some time with her grandparents. On video chat Thursday, Baylee was cracking up at Lilli laughing. It was fun to watch and hear them.
Cody has the weekend off again. Yay! Maybe we can get into something fun!


2 comments:
I love when they discover new things! Brooklyn is doing that too. I said "Yucky" as she was eating a jello box and she made a sound with her throat that I can't spell, but I could tell it was for yucky (maybe the ckyhhhhhhhh sound??) Do you like having a kitty? We have a dachsund and the kids love it...I have to confess that I am not a pet person, but I do it for the kids:) Hope you have lots of fun to get into!
Holy blast from the past!! Don't know if you remember me...Veronica McCorkle from Bear Creek! Oh I had the biggest crush on your brother. I still have my "I love Court" notebook from 8th grade! Your little girl is darling! I actually live one town over from your sister!
Post a Comment