Saturday, May 31, 2008

A little bit of Sunshine



Last Saturday, we continued our walks. We stopped by the park and let Baylee play for a while. It was lots of fun. We are really enjoying the change of weather and being able to get out and in the fresh air. Finally a little warmth!

Baylee's still having problems with her ears. We had her medicine switched again. They gave her a super powerful 3 day one, not sure it's totally done working yet but we are hoping. She and I have once again had some EXTREMELY long nights. Sleep....(sigh), maybe one day.

We have gone outside all but one day this week. She enjoys sitting and pulling grass and waving at every car that goes by. We also play with bubbles but I think I enjoy that part more than she does right now.

We are officially in the big time. Baylee took her first unassisted steps on Monday! During the week she didn't try very hard but she also has been pretty grouchy with the ears. Today she did it a lot. I had this deal I made with her, she didn't know it but she agreed, if she went to the kitty's food to try and play with it, she had to walk without help for some steps. I took her back to the living room and it worked every time. She did a lot of practicing...she was determined to get that food. Plus we were outside playing with bubbles earlier and she practiced a good bit then as well. YAY for the big walker. Soon she will be cruising all by herself all of the time.

She's still just randomly laughing quite a bit. It usually makes me laugh as well. She also said book this week. However, like all of the other things she has said she only says them when she wants to, not when asked. I love that she is still loving to read everyday. When you put down a book, she gets fussy until you pick up another one to read some more. She's also still enjoying the toilet paper when I forget to close the bathroom door all of the way. She's sneaky when she wants to be. She also destroys her room everyday. Nothing can be on or in anything, it must all be in the floor. I just laugh and pick it up day after day. What can you do...she's so small still. Her hair is getting so long her trees(as named by our fabulous friend Kelly) aka pigtails don't stand up anymore. She's also gained weight pretty well in the past month and growing like crazy.

Today, Cody got home from work early. It looks like they are back to half day Saturdays, so that's exciting. We took advantage today and did something we haven't done since I was almost 8 months prego with the lady. We went to wet a worm at a local pond in the next town. Cody flying around has many advantages and one is that he scoped out the pond from the air. It's not busy which is nice. I caught the first fish and got to sing my fish song and then Cody caught one and a half. (when you see it, it only qualifies as half). We both had some really big fish on the lines we were fighting but they got off the hook about 10 feet from shore. We didn't know there were big fish in there and weren't set up for those, now we know and will have to do some changing of our settings next time. We will be back in search of the papa fish that evaded us today. The ones we caught were just bluegills and small. But it was all made up for when we each caught a turtle as well. Mine was small but had very bright red all over. They were cool little turtles. We stayed out as long as the Baylee allowed. It's a nice little pond and even though I had to take Baylee in some tall grass off roading in her stroller(while she was sleeping, without waking her, in which I was succesful), we had a great time! We can't wait to go again! Next weekend granted weather agrees and Baylee is feeling generous, we will hopefully get back to the pre-Baylee routine of every weekend fishing trips. And soon, she will have her very own pole probably along the lines of a Barbie pole and can fish too....she's great, she helped me catch my turtle today. Forming a future fisher!

You know you take a lot of pictures when your 9 month old does this....STOP THE PICTURES!





2 comments:

Carli said...

how many times do I have to say that I wish you lived here? You sound like you are always on walks or at a park and I wish we could join you! Our girls would be great friends because they are both into cat food! Ha ha! Hope things get better with her ear. I had an ear infection this week and they are painful!

Chambers Clan said...

That is so fun that you guys love to fish. My tina begs and begs, but it's hard to find the time for just her and daddy to go. They are going to a fish farm later this month with grandpa. I can't say I'm much for the cleaning, but the fishing is fun. I can't believe that Baylee is almost walking! Brooklyn is now putting weight on her feet yeah! I'm hoping she will be walking before she goes to nursery - Braden wasn't and got picked on! I hope the ear problems get better soon!