Sunday, March 30, 2008

Small town hassle



This week marked an unwelcome point for our Baylee, she had her first sickness at just under 8 months and it just happened to be an ear infection. It was so sad. She went from being a little grumpy, assumed due to teeth by me, to breathing like a freight train and sounding like a seal within 36 hours. She never ran a fever and is yet to touch her ear. You can imagine how excited I am that she's one of those! :)

I also was introduced to small town struggle as I was on the phone for an hour and a half calling every family practice and pediatrician in a 10 mile radius to have no one want to see her, due to not accepting new patients or patients under 5, one office would see me on Monday. I was irate, trying to find someone to see my child who was struggling just to breathe. I finally found someone 30 miles away, and loved the office. It's a family run practice and I couldn't have been happier or more relieved that I decided to take her to the doctor.

She tried to be happy through it all and was smiling at the office despite the fact that she felt like poop. She couldn't even cry and after 2 days of antibiotics and dimetapp, she still can't cry yet. It's so pitiful! I am so glad she is feeling better and she should be totally better by Tuesday according to the Dr. And have to say, glad to get the break from carrying her all day.

I was suprisingly happy when she sat and pulled all of the videos off of the shelf and out of their covers. Despite the mess, it meant she was on the mend. She's still improving at pulling herself up and gets faster at it all the time. We are working on balance still and that's slow going, but soon! And we still have a chomper and working on no biting as it hurts worse every bite. I guess this is my payback for being a biter as a child.

We lack pictures from this week as well as stories since it was pretty much sit and hold Baylee most of the week and she was feeling bad before we figured it out. Plus, it rained all week except while she was really sick, of course, so we didn't go on any adventures. We will have better news and more pictures next week, we hope!

1 comment:

Carli said...

awww! Ken has been sick too! It is so sad when your baby is sick and there is nothing you can do to help them. Hope she gets better soon!