Thursday, December 20, 2012

September Summary...

From kite flying with friends to baking with Tanner, we find ways to occupy ourselves. The adjustment of 3 kids was kicking in at this point and we did venture here and there and even conquered our big grocery shop but we stayed home quite often too.

The homeschooling plays a big part in my lack of blog time and lack of break time and lack of venturing out as much. (Sadly,) the kiddos all have colds and are surprisingly still asleep and I am benefiting from the much needed sleep for them. 

Cody gave his first hair cut ever. Tanner was on the other end of that one. I think it was harder than he expected....Tanner would be happy to never have it cut again, so that does play a role in the difficulty level. There might have been a tidbit of appreciation for me giving them their haircuts. 

We got applesauce made and canned. Tanner and Baylee both helped peel apples, mostly Tanner. He was quite intrigued by the peeler/slicer/corer and was studying it as he turned the apples. He's going places I tell ya.

Zoey is so much fun to have around. She started smiling in response to us in September and that little smile can light up the world. I had a hard time getting the full effect in a picture. (As if they ever really do justice anyway.)


One of the big highlights were the ones in my hair, haha. I have been waiting for close to a year to get the pink and purple in my hair. I was glad to finally get to have fun with it. Though the ends didn't turn out as vibrant as they should and we have since tried to fix the problem, I still like it. It's fun and different. In retrospect, dang well water has won this battle of the colors. But I'm not giving up yet.  

No comments: