Monday, June 11, 2012

Finishing up May

I shall begin this by noting that I have been attempting to take more pictures....lucky for you it means I can talk more :)

We had the conclusion of our year for Teen MOPS at the beginning of the month. It also will be the end of my volunteer work in the program for now. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the girls and adjusting the program to where it fits better in comparison to the needs. It was with oodles of thought that I decided my time was done and to focus on one, having a new child and two, Baylee's home school. If you know me, you know I will miss this great program. I am glad that in the end, I have the opportunity to put my family first and know when that is a priority. We had a family luau in the park for our final get together. We had a great time just hanging out. Baylee and Tanner had fun playing with the decorations and such prior to the meeting. We also joined with the MOPS group for their last meeting in which we went to a family fun center and went black light miniature golfing. Baylee loved it, Tanner loved making his own game out of miniature golf and attempting to bat things with his golf club, Yay for boys! and Cody and I enjoyed the time in which I was not in charge of the meeting and got to enjoy the activity.

We had many, many days of playing outside in the sun since we have had little rain. My days are filled with weeding the garden and trying to stay ahead of it, which is kind of just an evil joke. We got to have lunch with our Amber twice this month, once going to eat then heading to the park to hang out for a bit and once she made the trek out to us and hung out for the afternoon. It was a treat to be able to get our schedules to work out with one another since she just started a new accounting job with her fancy new degree. We always love Amber time! Even Tanner loves the Amber, which says more than any amount of words.

Baylee and Tanner also have spent a few nights with what are called the duck chests, aka, a ball under your shirt. They jump and run around like this, sometimes crashing into each other, cracking up the whole time. To Tanner they are quack quacks, but he loves to play the game his sister taught him. I will probably never quite understand the fun in it, maybe it's because I'm old and feeling much lazier these days, but the required energy is off the charts. It seems to come out right before bedtime most nights. They are artists at evading bedtime.

And as a recent Facebook post told everyone, Baylee got her ears pierced. She thought she was hot stuff for days and even weeks later, still just loves them. She was tough without even shedding a single tear. She is counting down until the time she can take them out and change them. I should have known letting her pick my jewelry for me most days was the start of something.

The other main exciting part of May for us was that we finally located some baby pygmy goats. It has taken me since the beginning of the year and many dead end phone calls but we finally lucked out. Even better, they are close. They are probably less than 5 miles from us and here I was even willing to go 2 hours each way to find some. We have 2 females and finally got a male as well. They are staying with the owners until they are weaned and we look forward to having them come home with us. We have stopped by a few times to pick out the ones we wanted and to check on them. They are so much fun and we can hardly wait for them to come to our home hopefully at the end of June.


And last of all, of course we need pictures of the farm animals. The ducks are growing like crazy, as are the chickens. We had a temporary box turtle living at the house and had a foster goat. They are both gone now. Who knew a turtle could/would eat a chicken? It drowned first but still we decided after a few days, we don't really need a turtle anyway and set it free in the waterway across the street.

No comments: