Friday, June 15, 2012

Chicago, Chicago


We headed up to Chicago for the day on June 3 to go pick up the Lilli. It was a day of firsts. It was her first trip flying as an unaccompanied minor, which after picking her up and nerves were settled, we found out went well. She was "entertaining" according to the flight attendants and put in Lilli's reaction and words, "It was AWWWWEESSOMMMME!!!!!!!!!!" 


I haven't been to Chicago other than to change planes 1 time in my life, so I was excited to go up that way. I am definitely spoiled living out in the country from a small town. I despised the traffic, though living in Atlanta made us remain ok and comfortable, I do not miss wasting time because you are sitting in traffic for some dumb reason. After getting Lilli, we headed out to Navy Pier where we ate lunch and explored what they had to offer. In my opinion, now I can say I've been there and couldn't care less about returning.

The best part by far was heading over to one of the parks with a beach on Lake Michigan. We had a great time playing sand and splashing in the frigid water. The kids got to run around and use up oodles of energy before heading back on the 3 and half hour ride home. I had taken up sand toys and extra clothes for the littles as well as towels and extra drinks. We were pretty well covered, though an extra pair of clothes for Cody and me wouldn't have hurt my feelings. That water was freezing and my pants were wet from playing and shirt wet from carrying a wet Tanner to the car. You learn things as you go though.

Though it was a long day with the driving/riding, it was a fun day for all of us. The girls really enjoyed playing at the beach and Tanner screamed as we were leaving, so I'd say he agreed with them. Why waste money sight seeing when you can just go have fun....another lesson learned.  

**Excuse the number of running pictures in the water, the faces crack me up and even if a little blurry were worth saving. 

2 comments:

Mamafamilias said...

Your children are adorable!

Adrien said...

Thanks Gloria!