We did the normal playgroup and storytime outings. The weather was never really in favor of anything. We got to go to the big park one day and play around for a while. We did attempt one other park visit that failed miserably and ended up very short and having a screaming Baylee. But Faith did get to experience our crappy cold -25 windchill weather. I think she froze pretty much the whole time he was here!
We have very little around us here and one of our options is the Children'sMuseum of Illinois. Though it's 50 miles away...it was worth it. I got my Chinese food at a place Cody doesn't hate. And we went shopping after ward.
As for the actual museum, it was fun. I think that Cody had the most fun out of all of us. Baylee was quite clingy as she still felt bad with her ear infections and she didn't get to fully enjoy the outing. It was fun to play with the big bubbles especially and I think we all went crazy with the pin art. It was stunning how well it worked and you can actually tell who is who.
It was a good time and nice to get out of Mattoon for a bit occasionally. As for the rest of the time, we got to laugh and play and pitch tantrums and just enjoy each other's company.
We had our battles of sharing and fits and hitting but also had fun times all playing. We had all kinds of things going on from Lilli naming Baylee's baby doll Baby Jesus, singing to Baby Jesus and leaving telling everyone "I have dragon breath" (oops) all the way to dealing with LICE.
Yep that's right, you read correctly. The Lice thing has been an ongoing battle. Apparently Lilli came to us with lice and I didn't figure it out until the day they left. Without knowing this, we all layed together to read, jumped on each other and used same brushes, you get the point. It left all of us less Cody(it's his gray hair they dislike haha, at least that's what I told myself) with bugs. It has been a battle, quite trying and I think we are all finally getting over them. I have never had such paranoia with anything and so many cases of the heebie jeebies, creepy crawlies and aything else you can think of to describe them. It's worn me out. I wish them on no one. The only way I could deal was to continuously do the AA greeting..."Hi I'm Adrien, I'm 26 and I have lice". Though we are still taking precautions I am past the creepy crawlies(mostly).
Baylee was taught how to yell in temper tantrums....she now yells unknown words when she's angry. It's very hard not to laugh. She has also peaked her temper tantrums....the all out make your body go limp and throw yourself on the floor screaming to hitting things when you dont' get your way. We are working on that and day by day the tantrums are diminishing. Poor kid had ear infections most of the time they were here and was quite cranky. She wasn't even mostly herself until the last few days.
The trip was fun and are so glad that both Faith and Lilli could come visit. THANKS AGAIN FAITH for coming and bringing Lilli along! I could go on for a while with stories, however, I will not do that. It was hard to deal with toys everywhere all of the time but I'm over it again and things are slowly going back to normal...somewhat. I will hopefully be back on normal posting schedule soon!


1 comment:
It sounds like you guys had a blast. It's always fun to have company. That bites ya'll were targets of the lice bug. YUCK!! I'm glad it's over. That must have been awful. We've had recurring pink eye battles and it is not fun dealing with such things. It seems that Baylee always has ear infections. Am I way off? Is she a candidate for tubes?
Post a Comment