Friday, November 22, 2013

The last week of June

The last week of June was a bit more calm and we spent more time around the house, which I actually enjoy doing. I have a lot of gardening to do during the summer and enjoy being outside.

I always try and stay home on dance days to give the girls some down time before they have to go show off :) Lots of pool time that day.

 Baylee had a mini camp at the Nature Center. We dropped her off and went and got drinks from Sonic and hit a thrift store.  We pulled out the paints and let the imaginations run wild.

After 10 days of convincing Lilli she really did want to go running with me, welp, she really did want to go running with me. She had high level of doubt for herself. She was a trooper and it was awesome to see her do what she didn't think she could. She even did sprints with me in the end. While there may have been a bit of complaining here and there and begging for a break, she never stopped running before our set mark for a break and she kept to her pace pretty well. She was beaming by the time we got done. Running at her pace was actually a nice break for me.

We had a dinner at Cracker Barrel with the Comptons. We were that crazy crowd in the corner with 5 kids and 4 adults. The kids had a great time out on the patio.

Friday, we had Hannah and Izzy over for craft day. We made flowerpots with foam flowers and decorated little handbags. Along with lunch, the kids got ice cream treats and played in the pool. What better way to cool off on a hot day. The chair setup in all of the pictures.....they were having a meeting. Not sure what went down in their meeting as it was top secret and was continuously moved but it was fun for them, they were even all "sleeping" at one point.

We ended the week/month with chores at home, cutting the lawn, etc. Baylee went running with Lilli and I. She was having a hard time keeping up and it rained on us. I ended up running the last 3/4 of a mile with Baylee on my back. It worked out to be perfect, Lilli and I have the same pace when Baylee is on my back, so it was a great work out for me that night. We threw in a fishing excursion for fun. There are a lot of pictures from that of Zoey....she was chaos on a pier to the point of I could not really fish, so I gave up. We made a good choice on where we went so at least she was blocked in. The fishing was not exciting but it's not always  about the catch. We got rained on a little but it's all in a days work!

No comments: