Thursday, December 15, 2011

Rest of Grammy and Grampas visit

Way back what seems like months ago in October, oh wait it was months ago,the author of this blog seems to be incredibly slow at this thing called writing and keeping up, we had a great visit with Grammy and Grampa.

Besides the pumpkin patch, we entertained by having them fly the kite with us. I'm pretty sure it gave them a new meaning to flying a kite, as it did us. We enjoyed hearing stories and catching up as well.

When we took them back to the airport in St. Louis, we made our way over to the Mississippi River where they had the most historically correct replicas of the Nina and the Pinta. That was fun to be able to see those in honor of Columbus day. I am pretty positive I would have had to jump ship off of those tiny vessels during a storm. To know what they conquered and then see in size how it was done, it's nothing short of amazing.

We all enjoyed the time together immensely!

No comments: