Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rest of Bug's trip

I never posted most of the pictures from the rest of Lilli's trip to see us. So here are the highlights.
The rest of the visit, we ended up hanging mostly around the house and town with nothing particularly exciting going on. Those are usually the most relaxing, enjoyable times though. The girls both loved our visits to the parks. Cody killed a coyote one night. Both ladies insisted on petting the dead coyote. They loved playing together in the pool and Lilli made a friend in the toad that we caught for her one day.

Previously mentioned professional pictures....we got the spots all cleared up mostly, you have to look really, really hard to see the few remaining ones. Adrien 1 Poison Ivy 0. Yay me!

We went to Target and O'Charley's(my part of the outing) one day before attending the zoo in the rain. We had to cancel the original zoo trip with playgroup I think 3 times because of the rain. So playgroup went to the Children's museum that day. I gave the girls the option of the museum with friends or the zoo in the rain, just us. They picked the zoo. It was cold and very wet but we had the zoo to ourselves. They even ran the train for us still. It was quite peaceful. And most of the animals were out despite the rain. It was torturous in parts trying to keep all 3 of us dry but I went prepared with extra snacks and extra clothes. It ended up being a blast and absolutely wearing both girls out.

The last weekend Bug was here, we took Dad to the park with us. It was a nice break for me not having to push them on all of the spinning toys. One night, I was using dirty pool water to water the garden and they desperately wanted to help. So of course, I let them. It took a while but kept them busy and wore them out and they just laughed and laughed. We spent a good bit of time chasing butterflies, fireflies, chickens and Odin. While the drama meter in the house is always off the chart, we really enjoyed Lilli being here. Baylee and Lilli loved each other's company and the companionship of having a pal at all times.

No comments: